Welcome to the Big Star Sandwich Company Franchise Opportunity
If you are looking for a terrific business opportunity with a relatively low initial investment, the potential for great rewards and limited hours you have come to the right place. Big Star Sandwich Company is a simple, straightforward business! The bottom line is that we make sandwiches and avoid anything that complicates your profitability.
We are carving out a new niche by providing only the best ingredients combined with an easy-to-order menu board and a great attitude. Our neighborhood community quickly embraced our “local” sandwich shop. They liked the food, selection and service!
Unlike most food service businesses, Big Star Sandwich Company has limited hours of operation, which allows you to spend evenings and Sundays with your family or enjoying your favourite recreational pursuits.
We are adopting a rapid but controlled growth strategy to ensure the quality and consistency of our program and provide a strong support base for our franchisees. We will be awarding a limited number of Big Star Sandwich Company franchises in the lower mainland of British Columbia in 2015.
If after reviewing the information below you are seriously considering becoming a Big Star Sandwich Company franchisee, we invite you to take the next step by completing and submitting the Initial Inquiry Form.
What we look for in a franchisee
- Strong people skills
- Will actively work in and manage the business
- Community involvement
- A demonstrated track record of achievement
- Committed to following the system
- Meet our financial requirements
- The ability to manage, recruit and train employees
You do not need related experience to be successful, but any food service experience you might have is a plus.
What you can expect as an Big Star Sandwich Company franchisee
- The use of the Big Star Sandwich Company trademarks and reputation Guidance in the selection of a location for your Big Star Sandwich Company restaurant.
- Assistance with lease negotiation and the design and layout of your restaurant.
- A list of approved equipment, furnishings, signs, products, and supplies.
- A complete set of manuals, which includes a Pre-opening Manual, Policies & Procedures Manual, and Employee Guides, with checklists, agreements & forms.
- A Business Plan Template and Loan Application Guide if you need to seek funds from a lender.
- A comprehensive Initial Training Program.
- Before your opening, we will hold an Orientation Day in your restaurant for your staff, help you place an order for your opening inventory, and provide assistance for a period immediately preceding or following the opening of your Big Star Sandwich Company restaurant.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of Grand Opening Advertising and Promotional Program.
- A listing of your Big Star Sandwich Company restaurant on our Corporate Website.
- Periodic on-site, telephone and electronic mail assistance on daily operations, marketing, financial management, and other key matters. Whether it’s a simple question that can be answered by phone, or something that needs to be seen, we are available.
The Initial Investment for an Big Star Sandwich Company Restaurant
Big Star Sandwich Company requires an initial investment ranging from around $_______to $_______ depending on a number of factors, including the size of the restaurant and the amount of tenant improvement allowances provided by the landlord. This amount includes the Initial Franchisee Fee, leasehold improvements, equipment, inventory, grand opening promotion, insurance, working capital, and miscellaneous start-up items.
Also included in this amount is approximately $_______ to $_______ GST, which is recoverable.
We do not provide financial assistance to franchisees. You are required to have sufficient capital to purchase the franchise, pay for the development of the premises, and have sufficient working capital available to cover the start-up phase of the business.
Although this amount of money may be available to an applicant by way of bank loan, we will not approve any candidate unless they have approximately one-half of the total investment available in unencumbered cash. We are of the belief this amount of money is required so that the franchisee does not enter the business with an unreasonable debt load.
The Mutual Investigation Process
Step 1. The Initial Enquiry
The first step is to thoroughly read the information above. If you are still interested in pursuing a Big Star Sandwich Company franchise, you should complete and submit the Initial On-line Enquiry Form located at the end of this section. During this phase we will:
- Discuss your preferred location(s) and your time frame to opening
- Discuss the total level of investment and minimum cash requirement
- Provide you with a copy of our Request for Information and Consideration Form
Step 2. Franchise Application
The next step is for you to complete the Request for Information and Consideration Form and return it to us for our review. During this period, you are requested to refrain from discussing the business directly with any of our employees, our franchisees or their employees.
Step 3. The Personal Meeting
If the information provided in your Request for Information and Consideration Form meets our selection criteria we will arrange a personal meeting at which time you will be required to execute a Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to being provided with more in-depth information. The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Review your application
- Discuss the financial requirements
- Review potential locations
Step 4. Offer to Purchase Agreement
Should we mutually decide to proceed, the next step is for you to:
- Execute an Offer to Purchase Agreement and pay a deposit of $5,000, which is fully refundable
- Receive a copy of our Franchise Agreement
Step 5. Review the Franchise Agreement and Financial Projections
Once the Offer to Purchase Agreement has been executed and the deposit has been paid you have 15 days to:
- Have the Franchise Agreement reviewed by a lawyer who is experienced in the field of franchising
- Execute the Franchise Agreement and pay the balance of the Initial Franchise Fee
If during this 15-day period, you decide not to proceed with the franchise or we elect not to proceed with your application, your entire deposit will be returned to you without delay.
* We thoroughly review the Franchise Agreement with you so that you have a clear understanding of what is involved before you have it reviewed by a lawyer.
Step 6. Location
If the location has not been determined prior to the execution of the Franchise Agreement you will commence your search for a location, which fits our Site Selection Criteria, after execution of the Franchise Agreement and payment of the Initial Franchise Fee.
This Mutual Investigation Process has been designed to assist you in determining if a Big Star Sandwich Company franchise meets your requirements. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change and amend the sequence of events without notice.
If you feel you have the passion for our kind of business and the entrepreneurial spirit to make Big Star Sandwich Company a success, fill out our Initial On-line Inquiry Form.